Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring?

I know I should be outside doing something but it is windy.  I think of pioneer women who went mad on the plains in the wind.  Days of this can drive one mad!
I have been trying to get another blog up and running for HerStory and rather than exercising I am sitting on my butt at the computer, thinking and swearing...at the computer!  I am thinking about story and how so many stories are sacred.  The lives of women who have passed and whose spirits remain; whose courage and spunk helped grow farms, children, families and more. I think of the invisible thread that connects me to these brave souls. They encircle life, mine, yours and those to come, as hopefully we will when we leave this earth.
Sacred story speaks to us of timeless lessons and offer us different ways of looking at our innermost core, who we are.  I like to think of this as exercising (as I really need to get some of that in today!) mythic memory. I feel so strongly that these ancestors really do live within and through us; their stories are our in so many ways.                                                        
I love "entering" the life of a woman who has been spoken of little, if at all in history, discovering who she it. It is a magic trip as I make her life my own for a little while and get to know her. I just finished posting Annie Smith Peck.  She was born in Rhode Island where I lived for so long, and was truly an amazing woman.  While she is spoken of, especially here in the extreme state of Colorado, she is still relatively unknown.

Well, maybe I will stop thinking for a bit and try the treadmill.  That will exercise something other than my mind and it is not windy inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment