Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life is not tidy

Rumer Godden said that "It was the small things that helped, taken one by one and savoured...make yourself savour them..." from A House with Four Rooms.
This quote speaks to me especially this morning as on May 2nd, I have awakened to more snow! As I went outside with the dogs I felt at first that I was very, very tired of snow and cold. Then I mellowed into the moment and as each delicate flake swirled around me and landed on me I was able to appreciate. I was overcome with awe for these little flakes swirling all around me and enveloping me. In the moment, even thought I felt at first that May should be snow free, I was able to savour that special moment...in snow!



The dogs have taken up their post as Chipmunk purveyor and watchers. They drive me nuts! They are obsessed with the little creatures. There seem to be many more this year as well...everywhere in the yard. Max and Roo watch, and obsessively chase when outside. I fear gardening will be a real challenge even if the weather relents!



No comments:

Post a Comment