Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vivaldi, the gift of an Iris and a windy Sunday!


The wind again is fierce!! It raged all day yesterday, all night last night and started up in full force again today. It is totally miserable. The roof is buckling and the sheep shed roof is almost all in another county by now. I don't ever remember wind so intense, so strong for so long.

I decided to stay inside today rather than work in the garden. The wind is just to strong but when I was out earlier with the dogs (I could hardly stand up and my teeth gathered grit) I noticed a beautiful yellow iris blooming. I have moved, cared for and talked to those bulbs for nearly eight years and this is the first time they have blossomed. It sits amid the beautiful, and ever encroaching catnip. both are a sampling of of today's gifts.
As the wind howls and bangs things I am savoring Vivaldi, the quiet of the day inside and the joy of just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment