Monday, March 21, 2011

Saddness


It has been a strange and sad couple of weeks. My heart is heavy and hurts. I have lost my sweet companion of sixteen years. She had a stroke and never really recovered. She left this world and my side on the 16th at 2:30pm. She is forever in my heart and I miss her in my daily life. I see her everywhere. Raven struggled sometimes with her wild wolf nature. She was after all half wolf and sometimes it was difficult for her in this world. We had some great adventures though that old girl and I! I will always remember the way she dug for crab legs on Prudence Island; how she sniffed the wind, head high, as a storm approached; how she disliked fire! When we had a campfire, she always paced and asked to just go to bed! How I had to set the tent up in the living room before camping trips so she wouldn't be afraid to go inside.
I am deeply grateful that she graced my life for those sixteen years. She was a faithful companion. She was sweet, funny and so very loving. Raven, thank you for being my best friend and for all the love and fun you brought into my life! I will always hold you dear in my heart. You little sister Max misses you a whole lot too.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Margaret,

    My deepest sympathies. Our Molly, also part wolf, died last spring. It was a traumatic and difficult time, as we loved her very much.

    Raven will live in your heart forever. Hold onto the memories...they are precious. Feel her presence.

    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete