Friday, March 11, 2011

Sun, gentle breezes and honey bees!


Ah, spring must be here. The weather is mild (in the 70's ) mud abounds and I decided, in an attempt not to take life too seriously, to eat brunch outside. It was heavenly as the sun baked down on me. I was barefoot outdoors for the first time this year (chasing the puppy in the snow does not count, that was painful) and ...what is that buzzing around my tea? A swarm of honey bees!! I did enjoy my brunch, most of my tea, the sun and celebrating my first meal al fresco for the season but the bees won. I finally gave up after being buzzed and bombed several times. I think they were curious about the honey in the tea. It was afterall local and maybe they recognized it! All in all it was a delight though. Spring is certainly on the way. We may have more snow yet, but the balance is gently tipping. Soon it will be hot and dry. Grateful for each day as it comes; finding the beauty, striving for balance...and JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment