Friday, September 16, 2011

Narragansett Beach
Fall is in the air for certain.  I love fall - but then I really love each season.  I so enjoy the change - the subtle inuendos of each season. 
Fall I often say, is my favorite.  I was born in the fall and it enlivens me each time it comes.
I miss the ocean, the salt sting on my face, the heavy seaweed bouncing to and fro, the tiny bright and shiny stones like jewels littering the shore.
But the mountains now dusted with snow offer me a similar comfort and joy.
Each season, each place...joy, balance and delight.
No birds are singing this morning here in the mountains.  I wonder if they have slept in? Yesterday they were riotous!  Perhaps the rain has dulled their song for today. There is snow on the mountains. It is odd to feel the air damp here.  Maybe that is why I am feeling a melancholy and missing the shore with its own particular scents and sights and oh, the feeling of sun warmed wet sand between my toes.
A day of feeling, remembering, savoring and maybe a walk on the wild side.

No comments:

Post a Comment