Saturday, August 10, 2013

Beauty and Joy!



Last night I stood out under the stars that totally filled the sky with wonder.  A tiny waxing crescent moon hung up there too, with it's planet,  which I think is Venus. It shines like a diamond! I felt like a part of that sky scape and was in awe of the beauty.  I soared in the dark sky, the twinkling stars and planets, it was pure magic.  Later, as sleep overtook me, cuddled softly into my quilt, those same stars and planets shone brightly in my room.
This morning is crisp, cool and breezy.  I am feeling so attuned to my surroundings and really savoring all of the feelings; the cool that greeted me when I arose, the warmth of the sun creeping up over the mountain and falling on my face, the breeze gently caressing me.  Then there are the scents!  The roses whose perfume is carried on that breeze, the petunias, the dill and the rosemary and even the basil this morning scents the early morning air.

I am fully awake and aware this morning and loving my place on this earth and deeply grateful for the many gifts bestowed upon me here.  Life is good and I am feeling so centered and joyful!  Think I will go dance in the breeze and enjoy all the bounty that is right here in my backyard.

Friends talk about getting away, going camping, etc.  Yes, that might be lovely
but I always ask myself why would I want to leave this place of beauty?  I have it all right here...mountains, breezes, flowers, critters and so much comfort without even leaving home!
Ok, so maybe before the summer is over I will pack up my tent and Coleman stove and head out into the wilderness....maybe.  But until then I am savoring my own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment