Friday, December 9, 2011

Winter Daze....brrr.

It is already well into December!  Where has the time gone?  I have readied my witner wardrobe!  It is cold.  Have been doing a lot of work the Shiloh McCloud at Cosmis Cowgirl University and am just completing the three month course HerEvolution.  It was rich and rewarding.  Everything I have done with that wonderfully wild, insightful and talented group of women!
Writing away, painting some and preparing with great joy for Solstice and Christmas.  I will celebrate both.  Any chance to celebrate.  The house is covered in greens and candles.  Woodbox is full and I am settling in with a good book (see below) for a long winter's nap!
A dear friend shared a fantastic poem with me the other day.  It is by Charolotte Tall Mountain

Acceptance

In Nature I am neither rich or poor
Neither old or young
Modern or old-fashioned
My vestments, appropriate
to the heat or cool
Are indifferent to Her
She doesn't care if I am
employed or idle
Whether I've paid my bills on time
Or if I'll be the recipient of a prize
I cannot impress Her with my wit
But I feel She understands my pain
She offers me Her bounty whether
I have earned Her grace or not
So great is Her wisdom
Really wonderful words to ponder. 
Clarissa Pinkola Estes has a new book out "Untie the Strong Woman:Blessed Mother's Love for the Wild Soul. Yummy!  Some of my old Catholic resistance began to surface but it didn't stay around for long.  I recommend this book highly.  I am going to brew a cup of tea and curl up with said book.







No comments:

Post a Comment