Monday, December 26, 2011

Love, simplicity and connection

The day after Christmas.  A very quiet day of introspection and listening to the Power of the Crone by Estes.  She is my heroine, a guiding light, a wise woman, a crone, and my mentor.  I love her work and whenever I need a pick me up - I listen to her.


After our morning walk, the candle is lit and I listen.  I am validated, reassured and uplifted.  I laugh, I cry and I nod my head vigorously.  She talks about her Aunt Edna and pictures are painted so clearly I truly "see" them.  I "see" so many other things too about my life, about the world, about love, simplicity and connection.  It isn't as hard as I make it sometimes.  Following my heart - loving and being loved by family, friends, community.  Life is beautiful as it unfolds when we take the time to savor - to notice, to hear, to "see" - to BE.  It has been a rich and rewarding day spent in quiet walking, listening and knowing.  We are all connected and somehow in this new moon, as we approach a new year, it is time to really acknowledge that.  I feel such joy and deep gratitude to be here - now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment