Sunday, January 16, 2011

Divine Play


Sunday and I was in my usual, Church of the Backyard with the critters. I feel so centered, balanced and authentic when I am there. The barnyard critters fed, watered and quite content, the dogs and I played. How they love the snow! Roo tunnels and digs then crunches a little. I swear she laughs.
In my quest for enlightenment...this morning's reading included a piece by John Moorehead, and essay, The Paradox of Our Age. He begins:

We have taller buildings but shorter tempers; wider freeways but narrower viewpoints; we spend more but have less; we buy more but enjoy it less; we have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, yet less time; we have more degrees but less sense; more knowledge but less judgement; more experts, yet more problems; we have more gadgets but less satisfaction; more medicine, yet less wellness; we take more vitamins but see fewer results. We drink too much; smoke too much; spend too recklessley; laugh too little; drive too fast; get too angry too quickly; stay up too late; get up too tired; read too seldom; watch TV too much and pray too seldom."
Food for thought as I continue this beautiful gift of a Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment