Monday, January 31, 2011

Embracing Joyful Simplicities...and My Heart's Desire

"Year by year the complexities of this spinning world grow more bewildering and so each year we need all the more to seek peace and comfort in the joyful simplicities." Woman's Home Companion, December 1935.

"As we become curators of our own contentment on the Simple Abundance path, one of the great payoffs is that we start to seek peace and comfort in the joyful simplicities. Little things begin to mean a lot to us. Joyful simplicities nourish body and soul by engaging our senses. They teach us how to live in the present moment. Life comes together when we seek out the Sublime ordinary moment." Sara BanBreathnach, Simple Abundance.

Today I am thinking not only about simplicity but my Heart's Desires...which are really very simple and I do embrace them! My heart, so long ignored, so long unkown, as duty and deeds progressed. I often let he minuatiae of life rob me of such pleasures, such joy, the momentI hav often lost those things and sometimes I have lost myself.

Now in the Autumn of my life I have truly become acquainted with that Heart. Ahhh, it is wise and it knows if only I listen it's desire is minifest...I draw to me things that are my lifeblood, things of peace, beauty and love. As it is promised by the wind, as it is tendered in the Heart...as it is written across the sky. The things my Heart is calling for are simple things that nurture not only my heart but my very soul.
The whisper of a gentle wind, which if I listen, carries the voices of the ancestors. Spirit moving! The caress of my love that finds my depth. Melodies of birds and other Masters...but always music.
The warmth of love, giving and receiving; sweet ambling through time and nature.
Rock, sage, color and serenity - meditation, solitude, music of the Gods; Cottonwoods rustle, creeks babble and the sun blesses me.
The rising and setting of the sun with the myriad colors of the pallet. Each of my senses are delighted. Meter and rhythm, cadence and heartbeat, mine with natures. Day cools, night falls I'm lost in the sweetness of my loves embrace and enraptured by the wonder of the night sky.


We must seize the essence of life...what our authentic self, our Heart desires. We must embrace those things that nurture us and bring us joy. "People need joy quite as much as clothing. Some of them need it far more." Margaret Collier Graham wrote in 1906. I am making the discovery of those joyful simplicities daily...those things that bring me personal comfort and a sense of well being. It is one of my highest priorities to stay in touch with those things and live in joy and real authenticity with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment