Saturday, January 15, 2011

The New Year!




I can't believe it has been over a month since I have posted. The holidays were magical, but I just could not write. I was often totally awash with and overcome by emotion. There was so much love and caring from family, friends, (many I haven't spoken with in a long time) and the music (enjoyed without limit this year for the first time in many) was amazing. I found tears of joy frequent. While I missed the kids enormously, we talked well and often. I love you guys!

This morning my meditation with Sara (BanBreathnach) was amazingly poignent, as usual. It was about embracing simplicity. Not doing without, but a concsious life, making choices that illuminate our lives from within. So timely and so important is this message for me. I have found in the past year so much freedom, pure unadulterated joy and amazing wonder and I have found much of this through simplifying. Clarity abounds when I can do that. I am clear on so many things that had me mired at the bottom of a muddy, murkey, mucky pond! I was drowning, but now I am soaring. I am also most grateful for my many, many gifts and blessings. Truly every day presents us with simple gifts if we are willing to to be open to them and then grateful for them.


From a ninetheenth century Shaker Hymn...my boys learned this in preschool and we have alwasy loved it.
'Tis a gift to be simple,
'Ttis a gift to be free,
'Tis a gift to come down
Where we ought to be
And when we find ourselves
In the place that's right
'Twill be in the valley
Of love and delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment