Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Sixty Four Club!


I am now officially a member of the Sixty Four Club. Today is my birthday. Thinking a lot about family, my parents and just feeling rich, grateful and mellow. Many, many loving wishes sent to me today and lovely gifts. Sweet William, my youngest son, has sent a birthday cake! ....as well as many other goodies and a gift card. He called first thing this morning. What a wonderful way to begin my day, talking with him. I am so very blessed and deeply appreciative today...and hopefully appreciative every day. I remember my parents with whom I often had an adversarial relationship, yet, there are fond memories and those are the ones I choose today. I still miss my mother on occasion although we were so very different...she was always loving in her own way. A good day to say thank you for all the love and blessings.

My best friend from high school, dear Barbara, sent a surprise package that made me cry. She is back east and we both hold fantastic memories of that area, Plymouth. (We recently reminisced about riding our bicycles to the beach when we were teens. A long and hot ride to a beach that ended up being less than optimal. We both got sunburned and were exhausted at days end. I also remembered her father passing us in his truck several times - making sure we were ok. Sweet Eddy!) She sent a treasure package of all sorts of things "Plymouth" . The mug and tea are but a couple of the goodies. What a rich and wonderful day. While I miss family being close, my heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment