Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter is here, Thanksgiving approaches


What a beautiful, clear, cold and very crisp morning. The wind stung my cheeks as I did chores yet the sun warmed my back. Such a wonderous day! This time of year is alwasy one of introspection for me, and it is a great favorite of mine. This morning I see the mountains anew and marvel at their wonder. I notice leaves, skittering in the wind and see them with new and appriciative eyes. The snow snags the reamins of plant live and paints a fascinating landscape. There is so much beauty in my world and I am so very grateful! Thanksgiving is every day, yet this special week, with a day singled out for thanks...makes me realize just how much I am thankful for! The love and deep caring of family; the devotion of dear friends; the companionship and joy the critters give me...and my home, my sanctuary, my yard, my JOY! The full of the moon and the fullness of my life nurture me and in it all there is great gratitude and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment