Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving






It is a beautiful, cold Thanksgiving Day. I am feeling quite content and most grateful. That theme has beeen growing over the past months. Spent a lovely morning caring for critters; mine and those of L and K...they are away. It was most rewarding and peaceful. The birds are feasting out in their aviary and the Ubu and Max are watching. The birds are happy munching the the cat and dog are happy to watch!

I sent Blue Mountain cards to friends and family and the quote in one of them was: "The things that matter most in our lives are not the things we acquire along the way but within a treasure chest of memories and experiences with the people we love." How very true. I have such lovely memories both of Thanksgivings past, and life in general. I am and have been truly blessed.


As I nest around the house this morning I arrange the flowers that Petra gave me yesterday. It was part of a lovely birthday celebration. Again, I am so blessed not only to have three of the most fantastic chiropractors in the world...but to have them as friends. I set the flowers, bright and cheery on my table.


I read a prayer from one of the books written by Don Miguel Ruiz this morning - it is one I often read and try to hold with me for the entire day. "Let us be aware of our power to create a dream of heaven where everything is possible. Help us to use our imagination to guide the dream of our life, the magic of our creation, so we can live without fear, without anger without jealousy, without envy. Give us a light to follow, and let today be the day that our search for loe and happiness is over. Today let something extraordinary happen that will change our life forever; Let everything we do and say be an expression of the beauty in our hearts, always based on love."
Words to live by and act upon today...and every day!

This gem was a birthday gift from Meslissa, my wonderful daughter in law. She knows me so well and I treasure this faux stone with a quote by Cicero...
I have a full heart and deep gratitude for my many gifts, family, critters, friends, my garden and library!
Happy Thanksgiving, peace, love and joy to all today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment